My unexpected future.
From an early age, giving advice was one of my strongest abilities. I never thought that this could help me find my purpose in life. But, it has positively affected my future plans; because what particularly captivated me was the way the human mind actually works. After a couple of years studying in psychology, I have graduated from the University of Montreal (UdeM). I have been very confused these days. I don't know if I am ready or not yet to start working in this field. I am currently hesitating if I should start working in a secondary school or in another country as a psychoeducator or to continue working as a full-time job at the National Bank.
Choice 1: I decided to work in a highschool as a psychoeducator.
Choice 2: I decided to work in Germany as a psychoeducator.
Choice 3: I decided to work a full-time job at the National Bank.
Choice 1.
Becoming a psychoeducator was the best choice I have ever made. A psychoeducator has to help students get through their school or personal problems. The students can have some difficulties in interacting with people and adapt to their entourage. I have experienced a similar situation with one student not a long time ago. He was shy and his social abilities were not very strong because of it. One day, I asked him to come see me in my office after school. I started by asking him why he was always alone and not speaking to other students. He told me that he was afraid of rejection because he was bullied in his previous school. After speaking with him for an hour, the next day, I saw him laughing with his comrades. At this moment, I knew that this career was made for me. I started to enjoy working around students because I could see the results in their actions. The way they think makes me even more curious to learn about their intentions. On the other hand, I am well seen from the students. They like to entrust me, and sometimes, they just pass by my office only to salute me. This is why I try my best to improve myself every day and so I can find better ways to help the students.
Start again: Go take a look at my other stories.
Choice 2.
Living in Germany was one of my childhood dreams. I wanted to work there for a long time. I waited until I get my scholarship in psychology. When I got my diploma and applied to work in Germany, in the next few weeks, I got a call and got a job there. I left the country and fly to Germany the next day. My contract was going to start in one week, so I took advantage of it to visit a little bit the country. My first week of work wasn't how I expected it. The students were bent on me, and the interaction with them wasn't really good. They were always coming into my office to laugh at me and tell me how boring I was. One day, when a girl was walking next to me, she purposely put her foot in front of me to make me fall. All the students were laughing at me. I left the school in tears, but the next day, I still went to work. My boss knew what happened, so he called me by the intercoms to come visit him in his office. He told me that this was a test. He wanted to know if I could support the tension and still continue to work. He smiled at me, shook my hand and gave me a bonus of $500. Since that day, I knew that there will always be some worst situations, but I have to stay strong and face it. Lesson of the week; " Do good and good will come to you "(Anonym).
Start again: Go take a look at my other stories.
Choice 3.
I've been working at the National Bank as a credit cards seller for three years now. I like this job because I make so much money. What is better than making money and not worrying about how much you spent in total this month? I have a lot of advantages by working in this bank. First of all, I have dental insurance, travel insurance, mortgage loan insurance, car insurance and many more. Second of all, a little percentage of the money I make every month is taken from my pay check and is transferred into my saving account. By the end of the year, I save a lot of money this way. I can then take it and place it into my bank chequing account. Is it not fantastic? I keep making money without considering it. Also, if I sell a good quantity of credit cards, I could get a bonus for my hard work. But, in another hand, even though I got my diploma in psychology and applied in many schools, I still did not get any answers. These days, I keep asking myself if it's better to continue working at the National Bank, as a full-time job. Is it what I really want? I'm very confused. I really like my job, but I don't know if I want to do this kind of job for the rest of my life. I know that I have not lost all of those years studying really hard to finish working in a bank. Maybe money isn't the problem. Maybe, it is happiness. I want to feel passionnate, as I'm not working to make money, but only using my professionality to help people around me and be " rewarded " that way.
Start again: Go take a look at my other stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment